Monday, November 10, 2014

FTT - Blubbr Trivia

Blubbr - Trivializing the Classroom...
in a Good Way!

@joe_edtech

Last Winter, my daughter and I were riveted to the TV every afternoon during Jeopardy. One of my former students, a former Scholastic Bowl Captain, had a 6 day run on the TV show racking up more than $100,000 worth of winnings. I haven't told him this part yet, but I take full credit for his victories. For each of the days I watched the show with my daughter and a former colleague and his college aged daughter. So, there were at least four of us, and sometimes more of us, sitting in the family room shouting answers to trivia questions at Alex Trebek. I'm not sure he heard us, but it was great fun anyway.

So, continuing a "Gamify your Classroom" theme we started when we discussed Kahoot:

Alex, for $200 I'll take "Gaming in the Classroom." The answer is, "This Web 2.0 Product lets students and teachers play and create video trivia, and it costs nothing to use." -- What is "blubbr.tv?" "Circle gets the square!" (Wait, that might be a different show.)

I could take some time to tell you how to use Blubbr.tv, but I think it would be more effective for you to learn about Blubbr from Blubbr Click here to play the Blubbr Triv Game!

In a nutshell, Blubbr lets your create a series of questions based on short YouTube videos. These can be videos that you created and uploaded, or they can be videos that already exist on YouTube.


Not only great for formative assessment, Blubbr seems like a great way to reteach or reinforce a topic with students who struggle to chunk information on their own. On the other hand, it can just be good clean fun to review old topics or introduce new ones.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Have another good Web 2.0 game to play in the classroom? Tell us about it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment